Saturday 21 April 2012

Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream

When I first saw the swatches for Mermaid's Dream, I wasn't completely sold on it. I thought it looked really gritty, even with a top coat, and I couldn't decide if I wanted it. Then I saw it at House of Fraser in Sheffield and I knew it had to be mine. It has small blue glitter and fine gold glitter in a sea foam green almost metallic base. It's gorgeous. I think the best way to wear this is definately to layer it otherwise you end up with the really gritty texture. I layered Mermaid's Dream over Illamasqua Strike, which is a metallic turquoise and it's perfect with Mermaid's Dream. The earrings I purchased at Kohls while I was in NY in December. I purchased Mermaid's Dream at House of Fraser for some ridiculous price but I think it would have cost about the same to have it sent from someone in the states once you add in the cost of shipping internationally.


Indirect Sun
Mermaid's Dream over Illamasqua Strike
Avon Peeling and Brittleness Solver as base
Essie Good to Go as top coat

Direct Sun
Mermaid's Dream over Illamasqua Strike

As I mentioned, Deborah Lippmann can be purchased at House of Fraser in the UK. I believe it's the only place that stocks it in store. There are a few other sites that you can purchase it from as well. Beauty Bay offers free worldwide delivery so if you're in Europe, it might be helpful to ship from there if there aren't any sites that sell DL in your country. I know it is hard to get some places. You can also get it from Amazon.co.uk. Illamasqua can be purchased from their main site or from Asos.com (free worldwide delivery as well, although they won't ship nail polish outside of Europe) and at one of their counters in a few select Debenhams and Selfridges and also from those 2 store's websites. Check the Illamasqua site for locations.

5 comments: