Monday 9 July 2012

Dior Purple Mix and Sonoma Sunset

Today I have for you Dior Purple Mix and Sonoma Nail Art Sonoma Sunset. Purple Mix was a little bit darker than I thought it would be and I wasn't completely happy with the darkness. Not sure if it was just the gloomy weather that made it look so dark or what but instead of taking it off, I decided to put Sonoma Sunset over it! I tried Sonoma Sunset a few weeks ago over Illamasqua Wink (pale purple) and I was not happy with the combo at all. In fact, I took it off before it was even dry (luckily I'd only done 4 fingers). I couldn't quite decide what I didn't like about it but after looking at swatches when I came back from Scotland, I decided that I liked the look of it a lot more over a dark purple then a light purple.

*click to enlarge!*



Overall, I really loved this combo. It's amazing! And I had to show off my pendants because I think they went perfectly with these colors. The heart Gary got for me on Stratford-upon-Avon when we went for my birthday day out. I got the thistle pendant (to replace one that I lost) when we went to Stirling Castle in Scotland a few weeks ago.

My friend, Jacki, over at Adventures in Acetone posted her Sonoma Sunset mani today. Here's what her mani looks like. I love her combo! So much better than a pale purple!

Not sure about the availability of Purple Mix in the states but you can purchase it at Boots in the UK. Sonoma Nail Art is another indie that is difficult to get a hold of and only has occasional restocks on etsy. Go like her Facebook page for updates and here is her etsy shop.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! And I love your pendants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Hey, that's exactly what I wanted to say!!!
    Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete