Friday 11 January 2013

Illamasqua Cameo and Cirque Galinda

Welcome to my first post of 2013! I'm really sorry it's taken so long to get another post up but after 7 weeks in New York with my family, I was upset to leave and come back to the UK. On top of that, I was really sick starting at Christmas which turned out to be viral laryngitis and a double ear infection. Such fun.

On to the polish! Today I have for you Illamasqua Cameo with a few coats of Cirque Galinda over the top. I  had really high hopes for this but it hasn't turned out exactly how I wanted it to. I got Cameo when I was in NY and I used it there and the whole time I was wearing it I though "this NEEDS a white glitter, it'd look so amazing, just like a cameo!" So I asked my cousin, Gaby, who was my Secret Santa, to get me Cirque Galinda because I'd been eyeing it up for a while. These are both such beautiful polishes but I think because Galinda has a slightly milky base, it's toned down Cameo a bit and therefore it's not as vibrant. And also, Galinda's glitters are a stand out white. I'm not sure that makes sense but here's some pictures and you can decide for yourself!







This is two coats of Cameo, which is just as amazing as all Illamasqua polishes! When I added Galinda over it, I first did a really thin coat on my index finger because I wasn't sure how much glitter would be on the brush. The answer was: hardly anything at all. So, for my middle finger I loaded the brush up with glitter and that was WAY too much (as seen in the pictures) so I settled for a happy medium of having to apply 2 or 3 coats of the glitter so that it wasn't way too much. It might sound like I don't like Galinda but that's just the way I've worded this. I LOVE it. I think it's really pretty but I think it would be better with a darker color and I think it'd be fabulous as a gradient but my nails weren't quite long enough for that right now. I'll definitely be trying a gradient out when my nails are longer!

Illamasqua, as always, can be purchased at Sephora and Illamasqua's own site. Cirque can be purchased from their site here. And here's Illamasqua's and Cirque's Facebook pages!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Does this Cirque have that same smell as the rest of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really smelled anything different to the others but I especially didn't smell anything when I applied this (2 days ago) since my nose is still blocked up :) But I just did a sniff test and it doesn't smell that much different to the Illamasqua.

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful combo! Love the Cirque!

    ReplyDelete