Monday 11 February 2013

Illasmasqa Noble and Serenity Comparison + Glitter Gradient

Sorry for such a long absence again. I'm really not sure what happened. I've been taking pictures of my manicures but I haven't posted anything for various reasons. Sometimes it's because I don't like the way the pictures came out or because I just didn't like the mani.

Today I have for you a comparison post. Firstly because when I saw these two bottles next to each other (in the first picture) I couldn't believe how similar they were and I knew I'd have to do a comparison post. Secondly because comparison posts have been my most viewed posts, so I know everyone likes them. Here's the picture that started it all.

 Noble, Serenity, Nurture, Aorta, Prosperity and Cameo

I was really surprised with how similar they looked. Especially since they came out within a few weeks of each other. Noble is a creme finish and Serenity is a rubber finish, so I guess you can say that it's okay to have both but equally, if you have one but not the other, then it's not a huge deal. Here are the comparisons. I apologize for the crappy cuticles. No top coat in any of the first 4 pictures.

Serenity on pointer and ring fingers.
Noble on middle and pinky fingers.
With flash.

 Serenity on pointer and ring fingers.
Noble on middle and pinky fingers.
Under fluorescent light, no flash.

Serenity on pointer and ring fingers.
Noble on middle and pinky fingers.
In sun, with flash, I believe.
 
Serenity on pointer and ring fingers.
Noble on middle and pinky fingers.
In sun, no flash.

I really do like both these colors. As you can see, there's a very slight difference between the two. With top coat, they were even more similar, in my opinion. Here are some pictures with top coat but also with glitter gradient tips with Nails Inc Rainbow Street.



I'm not too happy that Illamasqua put two such similar colors out within a really close time. I realize that they're different finishes but it seems a bit pointless to me. The only reason I actually got Serenity is because it was about to get it for $9.90 instead of the usual $14 (at Sephora) or the very high price of £13.50 at Illamasqua here in the UK. What's your opinion?

1 comment:

  1. If blue were my favorite color, I think I would still need both. Not all blues love my skin tone so I think one or the other would be fine for me. Great comparison! ♥

    ReplyDelete