Sunday 5 May 2013

Tiffany Blue Comparison

For a long time, I was obsessed for finding a dupe for Chanel Nouvelle Vague because I didn't think I'd ever get my hands on it since it sells for crazy prices on ebay. The closest dupe I have is Mavala Lagoon but the color is kinda murky and I wasn't too impressed by it but accepted it as I wasn't paying the price for NV. Then, as if by magic, I received NV in the mail as a birthday present from an amazing group of friends. I won't list them all but they know who they are! I was shocked and amazed and overwhelmed and I love it long time. I wore it as my birthday mani (March 15th) and I put it on my toes for a while and it was everything I wanted it to be. But I kept wanting to do a comparison. I got H&M Norwegian Sky from Ashley as Smashley Sparkles as a belated birthday present and my friend, Marissa, sent me Julie G Shark's Cove as well and I knew it was time for the comparison! Here are the polishes I used:

Illamasqua Nudge, Chanel Nouvelle Vague, Mavala Lagoon,
Julie G Shark's Cove and H&M Norwegian Sky

And here is the comparison (sorry for the sloppy swatches!):


Thumb - Illamasqua Nudge
Pointer - Chanel Nouvelle Vague
Middle - Mavala Lagoon
Ring - Julie G Shark's Cove
Pinky - H&M Norwegian Sky





In my Julie G Shark's Cove post from yesterday, I said
that it was comparable to NV. I think the color is comparable
but obviously the shimmer sets it apart from each other.

Nudge and Norwegian Sky are too pastel to be similar to NV.  Lagoon is probably the closest but it's just that tiny bit different but at £3.50 it's worth it if you want something to satisfy that NV itch and can't afford to pay £75 for it on ebay. Shark's Cove is just beautiful, so if you have any of the others, you still need it.

2 comments:

  1. Great comparison! I think they are all different enough to own them all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Ashley! They are all so pretty but definitely not dupes! No two polishes are the same!!
    And I think I desperately need Shark's Cove...

    ReplyDelete